Maps of Barbados. Detailed road, administrative, physical and topographical maps of Barbados. All cities of Barbados on the maps.
Maps of Barbados:
- Detailed administrative map of Barbados. Barbados detailed administrative map.
- Detailed road and tourist map of Barbados. Barbados detailed road and tourist map.
- Detailed road map of Barbados. Barbados detailed road map.
- Detailed topographical map of Barbados. Barbados detailed topographical map.
- Large detailed administrative and relief map of Barbados. Barbados large administrative and relief map.
- Large detailed administrative map of Barbados. Barbados large detailed administrative map.
- Large detailed physical and road map of Barbados. Barbados large detailed physical and road map.
- Large detailed physical and tourist map of Barbados. Barbados large detailed physical and tourist map.
- Large detailed tourist map of Barbados. Barbados large detailed tourist map.
- Relief and road map of Barbados. Barbados relief and road map.
Barbados – short description:
On the eastern side of the island the coast is rugged due to the strong waves that crash on to the shore, while on the western coast the pristine coral reef protects the white sandy beaches. Most of the island is flat, although in the north there are some low hills that rise above sea level, such as Mount Hillaby, the island’s highest viewpoint (343m) offering breathtaking views across the coast.
Throughout the island one may visit magnificent botanical gardens rich in native exotic plants with rare species inhabiting the lush vegetation, such as the Flower Forest Park. There are also caves to explore, namely Harrison’s Cave a breathtaking experience with examples of stalactites, stalagmites, waterfalls and deep emerald pools as well as the Animal Flower cave decorated with coral rock and flowers.
There are also striking examples of colonial architecture such as the Jacobean St Nicholas Abbey with ornate Persian arches and Tyrol Cot, the grand former home of Sir Grantley Adams, the first premier of Barbados.
It is generally warm and sunny all year round with an average temperature of 26° to 29°C during the day, although the northeast trade-winds blow regularly so it is never stifling hot. The dry season goes from January to June and when it does rain it is usually under the form of quick showers.