Maps of Colorado state. Detailed road, adminsitartive, physical, topographical and other maps of Colorado state.
Maps of Colorado state:
- Map of Colorado. Colorado map.
- Colorado administrative map. Administrative map of Colorado.
- Road map of Colorado state. Colorado state road map.
- Highways map of Colorado state. Colorado state highways map.
- Road and highways map of Colorado state. Colorado state road and highways map.
- Detailed regions map of Colorado state. Colorado state detailed regions map.
- Detailed location map of Colorado state. Colorado state detailed location map.
- Detailed old map of Colorado state – 1870. Colorado state detailed old map – 1870.
- Detailed old administrative map of Colorado – 1895.
- Detailed administrative map of Colorado state with roads and cities.
- Large administrative map of Colorado state with roads and cities.
- Large detailed map of Colorado state. Colorado state large detailed map.
- Large detailed roads and highways map of Colorado state with all cities.
- Large detailed roads and highways map of Colorado state with all cities and national parks.
The state of Colorado – short description:
Denver is Colorado’s ‘Mile High City’ capital, situated at 1,609 m above sea level, with the backdrop of the Rockies, which can be viewed from the Colorado State Capital. Denver also boasts magnificent botanical gardens, with water gardens, a Japanese garden, a rock alpine garden and a conservatory with a collection of orchids and bromeliads. Denver is the largest city within a 1000-mile radius and was once the center of the Old West.
From Denver tourists head out to the mountain and ski resorts in the Rocky Mountains, which shelter the Rocky Mountain National Park as well as the resort village of Estes park. Here one may take the Trail Ridge Road, which is one of the highest continuous highways in the USA.
The Colorado National Monument offers views of the plains, an area of amazing red rock canyons, monoliths, pillars and cliffs, while the Dinosaur National Monument in the northwest of Colorado is one of the world’s richest sites of dinosaur and reptile fossils.
The climate and temperatures in Colorado vary considerably depending on the altitude. In Denver the climate is mild and dry with over 300 days of sun a year. Summers are warm with a low humidity, while winters are cold with abundant snowfall from December to April.