Maps of East Timor (Timor-Leste). Detailed road, administrative, physical and topographical maps of East Timor. All cities of East Timor on the maps.
Maps of East Timor (Timor-Leste):
- Administrative map of East Timor. East Timor administrative map.
- Detailed political map of East Timor. East Timor detailed political map.
- Full political map of East Timor. East Timor full political map.
- Large detailed topographical map of East Timor. East Timor large detailed topographical map.
- Large road and physical map of East Timor. East Timor large road and physical map.
- Political and administrative map of East Timor. East Timor political and administrative map.
- Political map of East Timor. East Timor political map.
- Road and physical map of East Timor. East Timor road and physical map.
- Road map of East Timor. East Timor road map.
East Timor (Timor-Leste) – short description:
Dili is undergoing major reconstruction works, for the city was badly hit during the fighting with Indonesia in 1999, although there are still many catholic churches standing as well as the famous large statue of Christ on the top of Cape Fatucama.
On the island the official language is Tetum along with Portuguese, and English is often used in the administrative centers, however there are other 30 local dialects.
The interior of East Timor is mountainous; while along the coastline there are plenty of beautiful beaches, such as Areia Branca, near Baucau where magnificent views and pristine sites can be admired.
Some good water activities can be found in Com, a picturesque fishing village where fishing and snorkeling are popular and lovely rooms can be found at the Com Beach Resort.
For more historical sites a trip to Fatsuba and Maubara is worthwhile, with their garrisons and 17th century forts jutting out onto the sea.
East Timor has a tropical monsoon climate and is very hot and dry from July to November, with the rainy season from December to March. It is cooler and more humid in the mountain region.